The Transboundary Freshwater Diplomacy Database, developed and maintained by the OSU College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences, in collaboration with the Northwest Alliance for Computational Science and Engineering. There are six main components of the database:
- Data contains both global and regional information in searchable tabular and spatial datasets, treaty and compact libraries, and GIS shapefiles available for download.
- Research and Projects includes completed and ongoing projects and links to projects either conducted at or collaborated with Oregon State University faculty and students.
- Bibliographies and Digital Collections contains the Water Conflict and Cooperation Bibliography and the Middle East Water Collection of scholarly papers ranging from the historic perspective to the present day.
- Publications includes papers and books related to water conflict and/or cooperation, with links to download.
- Map and Image Galleries features maps and images for download created by current and former students and faculty, as well as collaborating partners.
- Useful Resources and External Links is a list of related water conflict and cooperation websites. If you are interested in having your website included in the Useful Resources and External Links, please contact us.
Note about Data Use
Wide use of electronic and hardcopy versions of data, GIS coverages, and findings produced by the Transboundary Freshwater Diplomacy Database (TFDD) project is encouraged. The data, coverages, and findings are not copyrighted, although due credit is appreciated. Please attach this credit when citing TFDD products:
“Product of the Transboundary Freshwater Diplomacy Database, College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences, Oregon State University. Additional information about the TFDD can be found at: https://transboundarywaters.oregonstate.edu.”
If the product is to be used on the web, a hyperlink to the above address would be appreciated.
If you have questions regarding use of data or maps, please contact us.